Disable shared mailbox caching OST
Configure the registry by using a Group Policy setting
The registry key value that is required to change the default shared folder caching behavior in Outlook 2010 or later versions can be configured by using a Group Policy setting
Outlook 2013 or later versions
The default Group Policy template files for Outlook contain the policy setting that controls this functionality. These are Outlk16.admx and Outlk16.adml for Outlook 2016 and Outlk15.admx and Outlk15.adml for Outlook 2013. To deploy this setting by using the Outlook Group Policy template, follow these steps:
- Download the following file from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Extract the admintemplates_32bit.exe or admintemplates_64bit.exe file to a folder on your disk.
- Copy the file appropriate to your version of Outlook to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder.
Office 2016: Outlk16.admxOffice 2013: Outlk15.admx
- Copy the file appropriate to your version of Outlook to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\xx-xx
Office 2016: Outlk16.admlOffice 2013: Outlk15.admlwhere xx-xx is a Language Culture Name. For example, for English (US), the Language Culture Name is en-us. For more information about Language Culture Names, visit the following Microsoft web site: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ee797784(v=CS.20).aspx
- Start the Group Policy Object Editor or the Group Policy Management Console.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor or the Group Policy Management Console, under User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand your version of Microsoft Outlook, expand Outlook Options, and then click the Delegates node.
- Under Delegates, double-click Disable shared mail folder caching.
- Click Enabled, and then click OK.At this point, the policy setting is applied on your Outlook 2013 client workstations when the Group Policy setting update is replicated. To test this change, at the command prompt, type the following command, and press ENTER:
After you run this command, start Registry Editor on the client workstation to make sure that the CacheOthersMail registry value exists on the client, and that it has a value of 0:Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
Note The xx.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Office 2013).
If you see this registry data in the registry, the Group Policy setting was already applied to this client.
Start Outlook 2013 to verify that this change is implemented.
- Cleanup space in CertLog folder
- Disable shared mailbox caching OST
- Manual update FreeNAS
- Ookla Speedtest server install
- Flush DNS cache FRITZ!Box
- Enable NFS client in Windows 10
- SSL for Nextcloud plugin
- VLAN en VPI/VCI Instellingen per provider
- Flash LSI SAS 9207-8I HBA to IT mode
- Exchange autodiscover SRV record