Corrupt $RECYCLE.BIN with profile folders
Windows keeps creating a $RECYCLE.BIN dir on the network share.
Whenever a file would be deleted, this message would appear: “The Recycle Bin Is Corrupt or Invalid. Do You Want to Empty the Recycle Bin?”
Samba has an option “veto files” which can be used to stop the creation of directories.
Put this in each SMB share under Advanced Mode > Auxiliary Parameters:
The slashes are not directory separators in this case.
Or speed up CIFS shares:
- Cleanup space in CertLog folder
- Disable shared mailbox caching OST
- Manual update FreeNAS
- Ookla Speedtest server install
- Flush DNS cache FRITZ!Box
- Enable NFS client in Windows 10
- SSL for Nextcloud plugin
- VLAN en VPI/VCI Instellingen per provider
- Flash LSI SAS 9207-8I HBA to IT mode
- Exchange autodiscover SRV record